2.42 million tons of paints were produced in China in 2003, increased by 17.2% compared with the previous year, ranking the third in the world. Among all the output, architectural paints amounted to 773,000 tons, oil paints 1.64 million tons. China's paint industry maintained the high-speed development momentum in 2004. Due to the rise of raw materials' prices, the prices of paints kept rising, which caused huge cost pressure. Meanwhile, foreign capitals poured into China market and M & A became common. All this led to the growing strength of domestic large and medium-sized paint enterprises.
This report conducted an in-depth study of the current status, characteristics and development trends of China's paint industry from 2002 to 2005, and analyzed the industrial scale, demand situation, competition pattern, operation of the leading enterprises of its sub-industries like architectural paints, automotive paints, carpentry painta, etc. The report also expatiated the marketing transformation of the paint industry, introduced the operation status of the leading paint enterprises from home and abroad, and forecasted the development and supply & demand trends of the paint industry.
1. Paint industry database of National Bureau of Statistics of China, 2002-2004
2. Monitoring database of top 20 enterprises in paint industry, National Bureau of Statistics of China, 2002-2004
3. Data from China Petroleum and Chemical Industry Association
4. CNKI, CSRC, wanfangdata.com.cn
5. Data from paint market researchers